Frankenstein 003: Frankenstone

Part of my 100 Frankensteins Project.

I was never a big fan of the Flinstones. I always much preferred the futuristic gadgets of the Jetsons to the Flinstones and their prehistoric animals with the corny lines. So since I never watched it much, I have no idea if they ever used a character like this on the show or not. It seems too obvious for them to have passed up. If they did do a Frankenstein joke, I swear I didn't know about it beforehand.

If you click on the image to embiggen it, you can see I tried giving it an animated cel look, as if it's printed on clear acetate and painted on the opposite side. I took the layer with the drawing on it, then selected "layer styles" in Photoshop. I added a drop shadow and set the distance to 0. That made the drop shadow spread out from all directions, instead of going off to one side. I adjusted the size of the shadow until the black lines had that cel animation look.

Drawn in Photoshop on the graphic tablet.

Here's the rough sketch I used to draw Frankenstone.

And here's the even rougher sketch that I started out with. I decided to add a little bit of action to the proceedings, instead of having him just stand there like he's waiting on a bus.