Alien Lincoln

Something I doodled a while back and finally got around to illustrating.

As usual, a simple little drawing mushroomed into something much more complicated. While I was drawing Alien Abe, the idea to turn it into a pseudo 1970s-style movie poster popped into my head, complete with folds and aging effects.

I'm not sure about that tag line, but it was the best I could come up with. It's tough to turn a Lincoln quote into a violent movie catchphrase.

I haven't quite decided on an origin for Alien Lincoln. Maybe he came to Earth in the 1860s and was so impressed with the real Lincoln that he shape shifted to resemble him and tries to live by his example (but doesn't quite measure up to the philosophies of the Great Emancipator). Or maybe not.

I need to work on the red stripe some more. I think it needs to look more like splashed blood. Not entirely happy with the Lincoln logo either, so I may tweak that as well. I'm happy with the way the steampunk raygun turned out though.

Drawn in Photoshop on the graphic tablet.



Here's the sketch of Alien Abe. I bet I looked like an idiot posing in front of the mirror while holding a toy raygun so I could see how to draw the hands properly.